OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
TOPIC – *MORE THAN ANOINTING*
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Psalm 23:5
Read: Psalms 45:7-8
7 *Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.*
8 All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.
When it comes to anointing, God is so generous that He gives it in abundance. He anointed David in the presence of his brethren in 1Samuel 16:13, again as king over Judah in 2Samuel 2:4 and yet again as king over the whole of Israel in 2Samuel 5:3. God just kept on pouring the anointing on him.
In Acts 19:11-12, the Bible says He so anointed Paul that his handkerchiefs were healing the sick. In Acts 5:15, He so anointed Peter that anything his shadow touched was impacted by the anointing. Once while on a visit to one of my children in the United States, I saw four women moving up and down in the kitchen. I wondered why his wife had so many people helping to prepare a meal for me. Little did I know that those four women had been trusting God for the fruit of the womb. In any case, I ate and left. After I left, one by one, the women sat on the chair I had used and nine months later, three of them were already carrying their children while the fourth gave birth three months after the first three. From this moment on, everywhere you walk past will become anointed, in Jesus’ name.
*If you want this kind of anointing, you must be ready to live a life of consecration. You cannot be in love with the things of this world and expect to carry this kind of anointing.* Those who are anointed to overflowing are addicted to prayers and Bible study. Apostle Paul said in 2Corinthians 11:27-28:
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
*God only gives this kind of anointing to people who are totally sold out to Him*. When you begin to receive this anointing, be sure to use it, so that it doesn’t diminish. Just as batteries have a life span, the anointing also has a lifespan. Use the anointing the Lord has given you for His glory so you don’t lose it.
*Father, please make me overflow with your anointing.*
*MORE PRAYER POINTS*
1. Father, thank You for anointing my head with Your fresh oil.🙌
2. Father, in Your mercy keep your anointing over my head fresh and overflowing in Jesus Name.
3. Father, help me never to dabble into whatever will corrupt, reduce, stop or pollute Your anointing in my life.
4. Father, deliver the anointed ones in Your church from the folly of abusing the anointing to make money off people.
5. Father, deliver and preserve Your anointed ones from the spirit of pride and error.
6. Father, give us the wisdom to always use Your anointing upon our lives to bring attention and glory to Jesus Christ and Him alone.
7. Father, remind Your Church of the reality of the coming of Jesus Christ again and soon lest we live carelessly.
Thank You my Source 🙌
Bible in One year:
1. Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.🎵
2. Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.🎵
3. Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.🎵
4. Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.🎵
5. Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.🎵
6. Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee.🎵