𝕋𝕆ℙ𝕀ℂ: *𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐉𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐓 (𝐈)*
*𝔽𝕀ℝ𝔼 𝕊ℂℝ𝕀ℙ𝕋𝕌ℝ𝔼:* Luke 9:1-2
*1 Corinthians 10:12 -* “`”Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.”“`
*It takes choice to start well, but it takes integrity to finish well.
ℙℝ𝕆ℙℍ𝔼𝕋𝕀ℂ 𝕎𝕆ℝ𝔻 𝔽𝕆ℝ 𝕋𝕆𝔻𝔸𝕐:
𝗔𝗦 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗝𝗘𝗦𝗨𝗦, 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗚, 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗝𝗘𝗦𝗨𝗦.
It is important to study the lives of biblical characters in order to understand why some of them succeeded and why some failed in their journey of life.
Judas Iscariot started well. He was one of Jesus’ disciples who was called and chosen to be in the inner caucus of the Lord. He was saved. He left all, including his job, to follow Jesus, just like the other disciples. He was actively involved in the ministry and was bestowed with spiritual gifts and power. He preached the gospel, healed the sick and cast out demons. He went wherever the Master instructed him to go. He was the group’s treasurer, a position that would only have been given to a trusted person. This implies that at the beginning, Judas was trusted by Jesus.
Alas! Along the line, something went wrong with Judas! A weakness caught up with him, a weakness he left too late to address: he was a thief. Something went wrong with his heart. Satan took over. He fell from loyalty to disloyalty. He decided to betray the Lord for an amount of money that he never lived to enjoy. He started gloriously with the Lord but he finished poorly. His case was a tragedy! Judas bowed out before getting to the finishing line! He lived closely with the Saviour but fell out of grace. Even though Judas means ‘praise’, no one wants to name his child after him because of how he ended his life. His life was supposed to bring praise to God; he was supposed to be a delight to the Almighty, but he ended up being a source of grief to heaven.
Beloved, at this point, I want you to reflect on your life and journey with God. Look at where you started with Jesus. Where are you now with him? What is the condition of your heart as you are reading this? Hope you have not drifted away but thinking you are still doing fine, simply because miracles are happening in your ministry? Check your life, beloved, and make your way right with Jesus. Don’t wait till it is too late to make amends. I pray for you and myself, heaven will not weep over our lives, in the name of Jesus.
1. Go on your knees, and bring true, whole-hearted and genuine repentance to God.
2. Father, this is my life. If have drifted away from You, draw me back to You Lord, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father, purge my heart and make it pure, in the name of Jesus.
4. Lord Jesus, I have started my journey well with You. Help me to finish well and strong, in the name of Jesus.
5. Arrow of poor finishing, I am not your candidate, backfire and die, in the name of Jesus.
6. By the power in the blood of Jesus, heaven will not weep over my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. Sing this song ‘Until I reach my home, Until I reach my home, I will never, never stop my journey half way. Until I reach my home. (Believe it and keep confessing it and it shall be so, in the name of Jesus).